Although my kiddos have not yet done the "Volcano Experiment" at school, I have always been fascinated by the idea of making one with the kids and watching it "explode." With the new school year off and running, here is a great way to get your Volcano Science Experiment for kids at a great discount! Make sure to check out the Magic School Bus Science Kits too!
Keep reading to Check it out!
- There are about 1,900 active volcanoes on the earth. This means they have erupted recently or they might erupt. Some volcanoes are extinct. Over 80 volcanoes have been found in the ocean.
- Most volcanoes happen on fault lines, or cracks in the Earth’s surface.
- Most of the earth’s volcanoes are in the Pacific Ocean, in an area called the Ring of Fire.
- The word “volcano” comes from Vulcan, the Roman god of fire.
- Lava from volcanoes can reach temperatures of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Volcanoes spew out ash and toxic gases, as well as lava and lava boulders.
Volcano Science Experiment for Kids
Check out these kids use household chemicals to recreate a volcanic eruption!
Using the Volcano Kit from the video, little scientists are asked to mix chemicals to make the volcano erupt! This will be an experiment that Young Scientists will want to repeat again and again!
Magic School Bus Science Kits
Get an exciting new Magic School Bus Science Kit delivered to your doorstep every month for a YEAR! These science experiments for kids include hands-on experiments with magnets, water, bacteria, fungus, lights, rainbows, and more! Educents has the award-winning Science Kit subscription for 50% off (Get free shipping within the U.S. and $2/kit shipping to Canada)!